Denver Savings Bank opened its doors at the corner of State and Main Streets on January 2, 1902, with assets of only fifteen thousand dollars. Henry Graening, J.F. Cass, William Milius, H.C. Stumme, J. Kelling, H.C. Matthias, John Bruns, and Henry Steege were the founding members. H.C. Wente was appointed the bank’s first president.
Bank operations continued at the original building site until 1968, when a new bank was built at our current location.
Denver Savings Bank remained a family-owned bank until 1999 when Paul and Robert Buenneke sold the bank to PSB Corporation, a bank holding company that also owns Peoples Savings Bank of Wellsburg and First State Bank of Sumner. Dennis R. Brandt became the new bank president.
Under President Brandt’s leadership, Denver Savings Bank experienced rapid growth, shooting from assets of twenty-eight million at the time of the sale to PSB Corporation in 1999, to over one hundred fifty million today.
In 2014 the bank decided to open its first branch location in Brothers Market, Denver’s new grocery store. The branch allows us to further meet our customer’s needs with its extended hours and convenient location.
With the addition of our current bank president, Ryan Sheridan, in 2015, we are excited to move towards the future.
Denver Savings Bank is proud to be part of the Denver community, and embodies our mission statement: “Inspiring trust, individualizing service, and cultivating opportunities that improve quality of life for our customers, employees, shareholders, and community.”